Wishing you all the warmth and joy of the season with these family-favorite recipes. Happy Holidays to you and yours!
Heavenly Deviled Eggs: A Family Favorite
There's something about deviled eggs that just screams comfort and nostalgia. Maybe it's the way they're a staple at family gatherings, or how each bite is a perfect blend of creamy and savory. Whatever the reason, my family can't get enough of them, especially with that tangy twist we all adore. Here's how to make these little bites of bliss:
- Place 13 eggs in a single layer in a wide saucepan, cover with 1 inch of water and bring to a boil. Lower the heat to medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Transfer the eggs to a bowl of ice water to cool completely, then carefully peel them.
- Slice the eggs in half lengthwise, one at a time.
- Add the following to the egg yolks:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tsp white vinegar
- 2 tsp yellow mustard
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Ground pepper to taste
- Whisk mixture until smooth
- Add the mixture to the egg whites, I use a teaspoon
- Optional: top with paprika for garnish
Southern-Style Green Beans: A Crock Pot Holiday Treat
Now, these green beans are a little secret from my southern roots, and they make an appearance only during the holidays as it's not the healthiest. But they're rich and decadent!
- Add green beans to a crock pot, add enough water to cover the beans
- 2 tbsp bacon grease
- 1-2 tbsp butter
- One whole small onion cut into small pieces
- Garlic powder and salt to taste
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours then medium until done (1 - 2 hours longer)
These will not be al dente, but they sure all delicious!